Summer Labourer: Green Team
$12 an hour
Full Job Description
Green Team Labourer
Youth Employment: 15 to 29 years of age
Contract Period: 13 weeks
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
COVID-19 Considerations: All workers must follow provincial guidelines.
Under general supervision, the Green Team Labourer is responsible for (but not exclusive to) the following duties:
- Cut and trim lawns, water the garden, remove litter and perform other related grounds maintenance duties.
- Routine upkeep and maintenance of grounds as assigned.
- Operate riding mowers, hand mowers, string trimmers.
- Use power tools.
- Assist with loading, unloading, and delivering materials.
- Assist with moving materials and removing debris.
- Maintain an organized and clean workplace.
- Able to work and learn independently, ask questions when unsure and be a positive representative of the Valour Community Centre.
Qualifications and Experience Sought:
- Driver’s license an asset but not required.
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively.
- Understand and be willing to participate in all safety programs and initiatives designed to ensure the well-being of all staff.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform heavy and repetitive lifting, bending, stretching, etc.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Satisfactory attendance and punctuality required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume by email to Adam Taplin General Manager at email@example.com .