***School Program Update (September)***
Welcome back to all our families! We are so happy to have you back and to meet all our new ones! September is almost over and the School Rec Program is starting to settle into the “new normal”.
As you have probably all heard, the Province has imposed some new restrictions. As of Tuesday, September 29th, masks are mandatory for all children in grades 4 to 6, as well as all parents/guardians entering the building for any reason. For now our enrollment numbers can stay the same, but if more restrictions are put in place that could change. We will post any changes here as well as getting in touch with all parents/guardians.
Just a few friendly reminders…
- Although there may have been some confusion in the beginning, we DO require parents/guardians to enter the building at pick up and drop off times.
- Please do not come between 3:30pm and 4:00pm to pick up your child or make a payment. Our staff are extremely busy with the children arriving from school at this time and they need to focus their attention on getting everyone settled in.
- All children attending our program need to have a re-usable water bottle that can be left at the centre. We wash them and refill them.
- All children in grades 1 through 6 who attend our after school program need to have a snack in a re-usable bag every day. Parents/guardians can either pack a new snack every day or pack enough snacks for the week and leave the bag at the centre. Ziplock, plastic and paper bags are not acceptable as it is difficult to sanitize these items. When you drop your child off in the morning please remove the snack bag and leave it with the staff.
***If your child is in Nursery/Kindergarten you can pack their snack for daycare in their lunch bag. They eat at the centre so they do not need separate bags. They will need a separate snack for school.***
- Please remember that you must come to the centre to make a payment. We DO NOT accept payments brought in by your children. This includes our lunch program.
- The weather is starting to get chilly but we are still going outside every day and will continue to do so unless it is raining or colder than -27 degrees. Your children MUST have weather appropriate clothing.
Thank you for your patience as we try to figure out all the changes that this school year is handing us. If you have any questions please call (204)775-3869.