A friendly reminder that Barratt Ave is transitioning into a pilot “School Street”. This is an important aspect of Isaac Brock’s plan for welcoming students back to school and adapting to transportation limitations.
Barratt Ave is closed to vehicle traffic Monday to Friday from 8:30am – 4pm, starting September 8.
Students, teachers, staff and parent volunteers will be stationed to assist students in those last few steps!
Full road closure 8:30am – 9am and 3:15pm – 3:45pm
Local traffic is permitted from 9am – 3pm.
- Drop-off and Pick-up by vehicle: on Spruce and Clifton. Please use the Stop, Drop & Go zone on Spruce to help reduce traffic congestion.
- School buses: School buses will continue to load on Barratt Ave
- Street Parking: No parking on Barratt from 8am – 9am, and 3pm – 4pm. 1hr parking provided from 9am – 3pm.
- Mid-day student pick ups: Local traffic is permitted from 9am – 3pm.
- Parent volunteers: Become a School Street parent volunteer to support student safety. Contact the Parent Council.
To help better Isaac Brock understand our transportation needs, please fill out this short 5-minute survey about how your child travels to school. All participants will be entered into a draw to win a $25 gift card to Wall St Pizza.
For more information visit greenactioncentre.ca/asrts/.