Valour CCs before and after school program at our Isaac Brock site is looking to hire for after school shifts Monday to Friday from 3 to 6pm for the 2021-2022 school year. There is also availability for extra hours substituting for other shifts when required.
We are also seeking people who would be interested in being hired on as subs on a casual basis when required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Ability to work with children and adults in a sensitive and professional manner
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- A positive attitude and friendly personality
- Must be willing to handle cash, write receipts and follow cash handling protocols
Successful applicants are expected to supervise and interact with children who attend our after school program. Supervision may include taking groups of children outside, weather permitting. Other expectations of the job include basic housekeeping, receiving bill payments, communicating with parents upon child pick-up and closing the facility where applicable.
First aid and childcare certification an asset, but not required. Successful applicants are required to complete a Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check through the community centre at our expense.
If you are interested in the position, please bring a resume to the Isaac Brock site, 715 Telfer St. N between 7am and 530pm, Monday to Friday, Attn Carrie. If you have any questions, please contact Carrie between 7am and 230pm at (204) 775-3869.
Thank you for your interest but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.