As the developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our communities, we would like to take this opportunity to share with you our plan for our COVID-19 response.
In an effort to help keep our community healthy, Valour Community Centre will closing all three of our sites (Isaac Brock, Clifton and Orioles) until further notice as of Friday, March 20th, 2020. All programming and sports will be suspended until further notice.
The Orioles After School Program and Isaac Brock’s Before and After School Program and Lunch Program will be closed until further notice as of Friday, March 20th, 2020.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will stay in line with GCWCC and recommendations from government and health officials. As this ever-changing situation continues to evolve, we will do our best to provide up-to-date information for all through these uncertain times.
Here are some of the precautionary steps we have taken for our collective well-being until we are closed:
- We’re increasing the frequency of regularly scheduled cleanings and sanitization
- Our Facebook page will be providing you with plenty of ideas for keeping your family entertained.
- We’re taking sensible steps to help protect our staff and volunteers.
*If you had a private event booked during the time we will be closed or you have any questions/concerns please call our General Manager, Adam, at (204)775-5728 or email at email@example.com.
*For questions regarding our childcare programs please call Liz or Carrie at (204)775-3869.
While we remain open this week we urge everyone using our facility to practice the appropriate illness prevention procedures:
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve
- Stay home and away from others if you have signs of illness (fever, new cough, etc.)
We will advise the community of any changes asap through our Facebook page and website. The linked information will help address questions or concerns you may have related to COVID-19, including frequently asked questions, precautions you can take, and additional resources.
- City of Winnipeg – https://www.winnipeg.ca/emergweb/covid-19/default.stm