JOB DESCRIPTION – FOOTBALL GAME-DAY GRILL COOK:
- The Football Game-Day Grill Cook will be responsible for barbecuing burgers and hot-dogs on football game days, and maintaining the barbecue to ensure continued good operation.
- Grilling burgers and hot-dogs, and delivering those items to the canteen staff for sale.
- Estimating demand for burgers and hot-dogs based on the game schedule for the day.
- Pull grill out of storage and set it up prior to cooking.
- Set up canopy prior to cooking.
- Set up work station prior to cooking.
- Checking propane levels and reporting to the General Manager when a re-fill is required.
- Reporting any deficiencies or need for repair to the General Manager.
- Cleaning the grill before and after use.
- Tearing down the work station and canopy after use.
- Storing the grill after use.
- Assisting in the canteen as needed by serving customers at the canteen, and ensuring the canteen is kept stocked and in an orderly fashion.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have a clean Child Abuse Registry check.
- Must possess a current Manitoba Food Handlers Certificate that must remain valid through November 15, 2019, at minimum.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to follow directions, be attentive to surroundings, and follow health/safety protocols and procedures.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be courteous.
- Must be willing to handle cash and, with training, become proficient in the use of the cash register, debit/credit terminal, writing receipts, and following cash-handling protocols.
- This is a seasonal position, and will be required only during football game-days at Valour Community Centre.
- Wage per hour: $11.35 per hour, as at May 30, 2019.
- Vacation pay is paid out on every paycheque. Wages will not be paid while on vacation.